11 MAY 2017
The Andaz, Liverpool Street, London
The 2017 European Capital Markets Forum conference programme will be announced shortly.
Please find the agenda for the 2016 conference below:
Light lunch available
Scott Eaton, COO, Europe, MarketAxess and Trax
Opening Keynote — Lord Adair Turner
Financial instability, capital markets and growth: what’s wrong with the global economy and
is it going to get worse? Lord Adair Turne, Former FSA Chairman & CBI Director-General
Risks and opportunities in uncertain global fixed income markets.
Tim Frost, Director, Cairn Capital & Markit
Niall Cameron, Head of Markets, EMEA, HSBC
Rick McVey, Chairman and CEO, MarketAxess
Trade Execution: Session A
Bond liquidity – what next?
Corporate debt outstanding continues to reach record levels. While regulatory impact on dealer balance sheets for market making is impacting credit market structure. What has that meant for bond liquidity and what happens next? How is the industry adapting to this new normal?
• How do we measure liquidity in today’s
• bond markets?
• What will MiFID II mean for credit
• How important is all-to-all trading?
Post-Trade: Session B
Going back to basics to move forward
Regulation, including CSDR and MiFID II, is forcing the industry to review and change how it manages its post-trade processes. With greater focus now on post-trade efficiency, what can we learn by going back to basics and reviewing the fundamentals of the trade lifecycle to help us be compliant with future regulation?
• Data quality – why it matters on trade date
• Avoiding the inevitable – addressing issues
• on trade date to avoid regulatory pitfalls
• Challenges of manual confirmation – the
• need to leverage automation and STP
Trade Execution: Session C
Countdown to MiFID II implementation
participants said they were waiting for rule finalization before completing their MiFID II preparations. Given the delays, how does the industry view its preparations for MiFID II/ MiFIR?
• What are the outstanding challenges on
• MiFID II/ MiFIR?
• Has the right balance been achieved in
• pre- and post-trade transparency
• calibration for credit?
• What might be the unintended
• How will market behaviour in credit change
• as a result of the regulations?
• To what extent is the market already
• moving in a new direction in anticipation of
• incoming rules?
Post- Trade: Session D
Aligning MiFID transaction reporting and EMIR trade reporting – is this achievable?
• Delegation – what benefits are there for
• buy-side firms to self-reporting under
• What should firms be doing now in order to
• stay on track for MiFID II?
• Risk and obligation – what models exist to
• share and manage reporting risk?
Cocktails and canapés